Test mode is activated on a per-carrier basis.
To move in and out of test mode:
- Navigate to the Carriers Page by clicking on Settings in the left navigation panel, then click on Carriers.
- Click on the Edit link next to the carrier, check/uncheck the Activate test mode box, and Save Changes.
Test mode allows you to walk through the label-creation process to familiarize yourself with how Shippo works.
- Some rates shown in test mode are placeholder rates rather than accurate rates. For example, USPS First Class Package and USPS Parcel Select rates will not be correct in test mode, but most other USPS rates will be accurate.
- Any labels you "purchase" by clicking Buy Label in test mode are not real labels, and you will not be charged. Test labels will have VOID or Sample Do Not Use printed on them. This allows you to get a feel for the purchase process and see how labels will look without worrying about purchasing a live shipping label.
- Test labels you create will be listed on the Shipments Page and are noted with Test in the Tag column.
- Creating a test label for an imported store order will NOT mark that order as fulfilled either in Shippo or in your store platform.