Before you start shipping with Shippo, get a feel for how your account works by using Test Mode. Test Mode is a sandbox-type environment that allows you to:
- Walk through the label-creation process to get familiar with how Shippo works.
- Labels created in Test Mode are fake labels so you will not be charged.
- Rates shown in Test Mode are "mock" rates and may differ from real rates you when the carrier is in Live Mode.
- See below for additional Test Mode FAQs.
How to switch to Test Mode
- Navigate to the Carriers Page by clicking on the Settings Icon, then selecting Carriers from the sidebar.
- Click on the Edit link next to the carrier.
- Check the Enable test mode box.
- Click Save.
- After successfully enabling test mode, On the Orders page, next to the carrier, your orders will be marked with Test Mode.
Test Mode FAQs
- Some rates shown in test mode are placeholder rates rather than accurate rates. For example, USPS First Class Package and USPS Parcel Select rates will not be correct in test mode, but most other USPS rates will be accurate.
- Any labels you "purchase" by clicking Buy Label in test mode are not real labels, and you will not be charged. Test labels will have VOID, or Sample Do Not Use printed on them. This lets you get a feel for the purchase process and see how labels will look without worrying about purchasing a live shipping label.
- Test labels you create will be listed on the Shipments Page and are noted with Test in the Tag column.
- Creating a test label for an imported store order will NOT mark that order as fulfilled either in Shippo or in your store platform.