With Shippo, you can create up to 100 labels at a time. We refer to this as a "batch". In this guide, we will walk you through how to create multiple labels at once!
Creating Labels in Batch with Shippo
Before creating your labels, we highly recommend setting up your default outbound carrier and service level if you haven't already. Follow our guide here to learn how!
To create labels for multiple orders in a batch:
- Open the Orders Page.
- Select the orders to be included in the batch by clicking on the box to the left of each order. Or, you can select all of the orders on the page by selecting on the first box on the Orders page.
- If you already have the package information entered, and rates loaded, you can proceed with the purchase by clicking Purchase Labels.
However, if this button is not clickable, you may need to enter package information by:
- Clicking Edit Order
- Then click Edit Packages.
If you ship using the same packaging for your orders, we recommend Creating Package Templates. By setting a default package template, Shippo will automatically apply this template to any orders that sync (after applying the default template)
Next, choose your Shipment Options
In the shipment options, you can:
- Adjust the shipments date.
- Add a signature confirmation.
- Add shipping insurance.
- And, add an automatic return labels.
- Once you have selected all the additional services you would like to add to your orders, click save.
lastly, Purchasing your Labels
Once rates load, the last steps are to choose and purchase your Labels.
To purchase your labels:
- Select the desired Label.
- click Purchase Labels.
- Confirm the purchase..
- And lastly, Download your labels, packing slips, and send notification emails to your customers.
Additional Tips and Tricks
- It helps to break up orders into groups to streamline the process further. For example, you can filter the Orders Page by Shipping method depending on how you would like, such as all First Class labels together.
- You can include international and U.S. military addresses (APO/FPO/DPO) in a batch of labels. Keep in mind that defaults will be used for the customs information (contents type will be "merchandise" and customs fees will be "DDU"). You must have an imported customs item for an order to include it in the batch.
- You can also remove services in bulk! Simply select all the orders you would like to edit. Then click the shipment options menu. Without selecting any additional options simply click save! This will remove any add-on services saved for the orders you selected.
- The Sender and Return address for the batch will be the default addresses under Settings, then Addresses. Make sure to change the default if you’ll be sending packages from different locations.
- If you do not have automated email notifications enabled, you can manually send the notification emails to all orders in the batch. Click the Send email notifications button at the right of the screen.