If you're looking to connect your Australia Post account to ship with Shippo, you're in the right place! In this article we'll cover the requirements to connect your Australia Post account, as well as the services and service levels we do and do not support.
Australia Post has two service agreements: MyPost for accounts that create less than 1,000 labels per month, and eParcel for accounts that create more. Shippo can connect to either of these services.
How to Connect to Australia Post MyPost
To connect Australia Post MyPost to Shippo, please follow their guide found here:
- How to integrate with our eCommerce Platform Partners
- Use the Partner Token provided, and enter it when prompted under Settings > Carriers > Connect Carrier > Australia Post
How to Connect to Australia Post eParcel
To connect Australia Post to Shippo, you will first need:
- A business credit account with Australia Post
- To apply for a business credit account, click here.
- Once a business credit account is established, details on applying for a parcel contract (if you don’t already have one) can be found here.
- A parcel contract with Australia Post
Minimum volume requirements apply with eParcel accounts, often of 1,000+ shipments per year.
Access to Australia Post Shipping Services
To get access to Australia Post shipping services (via a suite of APIs), you'll need to register your interest for ‘Shipping and Tracking’ at the Australia Post Developer Centre (click for link).
From there, click register your interest today under the "Shipping and Tracking" snippet.
Once you've followed these steps, Australia Post will send an invitation email and instructions on the steps to follow to set up your API key.
In Shippo you will need to enter the following:
- Australia Post Account Number (the charge account number associated with your parcel contract). It must be entered as a 10 digit number in the following format: 00079xxxxx (10 digits, numbers only).
- Australia Post API Key, which is the corresponding API Key. The API key for Australia Post is similar to the following format: a0fe680d-e298-46c7... (36 characters, numbers and letters, including hyphens).
- Australia Post Password (the secret you entered when you created your API key). Your Australia Post password is not the password you use to log into the Australia Post Developer Centre.
What Australia Post Services does Shippo Support?
We support shipments originating from Australia and the following territories to anywhere in Australia or internationally:
- Ashmore and Cartier Islands
- Australian Antarctic Territory
- Norfolk Island
- Christmas Island
- Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Coral Sea Islands Territory
- Heard and McDonald Islands
Supported Service Levels
Service Levels We Support
- All domestic and international services
- Return labels
Some Australia Post customers will need to add signature confirmation to successfully create labels.
Service Levels We Do Not Support
- Extra Service: Cash-on-delivery
- Extra Service: Carrier insurance "Extra Cover"
- Parcel Templates