Shippo now offers a UPS Master Account for all our customers! This will give you immediate access to Shippo’s discounted UPS rates. For more information on the connection process, as well as information about how the account will work, please see the selections below.
Adding the Shippo UPS Master Account
- Login to Shippo and visit your Carriers page by clicking Settings > Carriers
- Once on the Carriers page, you will need to click the brown “Get Special UPS discounts” button
- If you have address information listed on your Addresses page in Shippo this information will be automatically populated in the pop-up box that displays. If you do not have address information listed on your addresses page, you will need to enter address information in the box that displays
- Click the box to agree to UPS terms and conditions, then click the green “Create a UPS account” box
- Once the account is created you will see UPS rates for all your Shippo orders!
How does billing work with the UPS Master Account?
When using the Shippo UPS Master Account all billing will be done through Shippo and we will bill you following our regular billing process.
Unlike the previously created personal Shippo UPS Marketplace accounts, you will not need a personal UPS account login in order to pay your UPS bills.
How do I file a claim or dispute for a UPS label created through the master account?
All claims and disputes for lost or damaged packages, as well as surcharges, will be handled by Shippo for our customers.
If you run into a problem with your shipment, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through live chat/phones by clicking the “Support” button within your Shippo dashboard. When reaching out to support please have the following information handy:
- Tracking number for the shipment
- Explanation of what happened (was the package lost or damaged, was a surcharge applied incorrectly).
Once we have this information we will reach out to UPS on your behalf to work with them on your claim.
How long are UPS labels active?
UPS labels are good for 100 days. If you use a UPS label after 100 days UPS will bill the label according to system average charges.
How do I request a refund for UPS labels created on the master account?
If you wish to request a refund for a UPS label you can follow the steps outlined here: Refund a Label
If a label is not used, Shippo will credit you for the cost of the label. The credit will then be applied towards future label purchases and will be deducted from your next invoice.
Please note: We are always happy to remove the credit (if it has not been applied to an invoice) and issue the refund back to your payment method on file when requested.
If you use a UPS label after a refund has been credited to you, Shippo will bill you again for the shipping fees.
How will surcharges be applied for UPS labels?
While most UPS surcharges are waived because you are using the Shippo UPS Master Account, there may be additional charges based on the services you use.
Shippo will receive any applicable surcharges from UPS weekly and will pass those on to you. The most common types of surcharges that are applied to UPS labels are:
- Delivery access charges
- Additional handling fees
You can find more information about each of those surcharges, and how to avoid them, on the UPS website.