There may be a specific Carrier or service level you do not plan on using when shipping with Shippo, and if that's the case, you have the option to deactivate the carrier, or the carrier service level from your Shippo account. In this article, learn how to deactivate a Carrier or Service level from your Shippo account.
How to deactivate a Carrier
To deactivate a Carrier from your Shippo account:
- Go to the Carriers Page by clicking on Settings and then Carriers at the left of the page.
- Click on the toggle button in the Active column to turn off.
- The account is now "inactive" and will not display rates during label creation.
Deactivate Carrier Service Level(s)
If you still wish to see the carrier, but wish to omit certain services from that carrier, you also have the option to deactivate a specific "Service Level".
To deactivate the Service Level:
- Click on Edit to the right of the carrier.
- Click on the check box next to the service level you wish to turn off.
- Click Save.
Hiding a service level will hide it everywhere in the web app. Service levels used elsewhere (as a default, automation rule, or rate at checkout) cannot be hidden.
Once you deactivate a specific service level, Shippo will stop showing rates for this, for future shipments. Only service levels that are checked will return rates.