Your reference guide to all things billing in Shippo.
- For more information, check out Shippo Billing Cycles.
All About Billing
- Do I pay for label purchases immediately after I buy a label?
- How often will I be charged/billed/invoiced?
- When will I get my FIRST bill?
- What day of the week will I be charged? Can I change the day of the week I am charged?
- Can you send me a monthly bill for my label purchases?
- In which currency will I be billed? Can I change the default currency?
- Can I change which card you charge for just one shipping label that I purchase?
- Where do I print a receipt for my label purchases?
- How can I see my pending charges or pending refund credits I have waiting to be billed?
- Why was I charged an extra five cents on my invoice?
- Why am I receiving a bill from my carrier for the labels I created in Shippo? Isn't Shippo supposed to bill me for these?
- How do I pay for labels I purchased using my UPS Marketplace account?
Do I pay for label purchases immediately after I buy a label?
Shippo runs on a weekly billing cycle for label purchases. The default payment method that you have saved on the Billing tab in your Shippo account will be charged for any label purchases you've made during that seven-day period.
How often will I be charged/billed/invoiced?
Label purchases will accumulate until you've either:
- exceeded the billing threshold of $100, or
- seven days have passed since your last invoice.
Either of these two events will trigger the end of the billing cycle. An invoice will then be produced, and your default payment method will be charged. Any label purchased since your last invoice or refunds that have been credited will be included on that invoice.
When will I get my FIRST bill?
Your first purchases will be charged to your default payment method once you've reached $25 in label purchases. If it has been more than seven days since you first registered for Shippo, you will be charged right away for those label purchases. They will not accumulate up to the $25 threshold. After your first bill, your billing threshold is automatically increased to $100.
What day of the week will I be charged? Can I change the day of the week I am charged?
The day of the week that you are billed is determined by your last billing date.
- If your last bill was on a Monday, for example, and you purchase only $75 worth of postage during the week, you'll be charged again on Monday—seven days since your last bill.
- In this same scenario with your last bill on a Monday but you purchase $105 of postage two days later on Wednesday, you will be billed on that Wednesday. Instead of waiting until the following Monday to bill you, we will bill you on that Wednesday because your purchases exceeded the $100 billing threshold. This will then reset your weekly billing day to Wednesday in this example.
Can you send me a monthly bill for my label purchases?
Label purchases are charged to the default payment method saved in your account automatically based on the weekly cycle explained above. We do not offer other billing terms such as Net 30 or provide a monthly mailed invoice for you to pay at a later date.
In which currency will I be billed? Can I change the default currency?
The currency in which you'll be billed is determined by the sending address. The sender address for the order will determine the currency displayed when you're looking at rates and will be the currency in which you're billed for the label you purchase. Because the currency is set by the sending address, it cannot be changed.
Can I change which card you charge for just one shipping label that I purchase?
The payment method that is saved on your account at the time one of the two events occur—seven days have passed or $100 in purchases exceeded—will be the payment method charged. If you need to change which card or account you use for single label or batch of labels you want to purchase, please first make sure that you do not have any unbilled purchases before changing your card.
Where do I print a receipt for my label purchases?
You can download your invoices on your Billing tab under the Past Invoices section. Navigate to the Billing tab by clicking on Settings and then Account on the left navigation panel. Then, click on Billing along the top menu. Click on the Download link next to the invoice you need to see.
How can I see my pending charges or pending refund credits I have waiting to be billed?
To see a label purchase OR a refund credit that has not been applied to an invoice, please click on the View Unbilled Items link on the Billing tab.
Why was I charged an extra five cents on my invoice?
PAYG plan users are billed a five-cent label creation fee for each label purchased in Shippo. The shipping rate displayed during label creation is only the amount related to postage. The five-cent fee for creating the label is reflected in each label purchase listed on your invoice.
Why am I receiving a bill from my carrier for the labels I created in Shippo? Isn't Shippo supposed to bill me for these?
If you purchased a shipping label using your own carrier account in Shippo, you will receive two bills. The first is from the carrier for the postage you purchased through your account with them. Shippo will only bill you for any label creation fee (PAYG plan users) or monthly plan fees (Pro and Premier plan users) and any optional insurance that you've purchased.
How do I pay for labels I purchased using my UPS Marketplace account?
UPS will bill you for any label you purchase using the UPS Marketplace account you created through Shippo. Shippo does not bill you for UPS labels purchased. Please see the "How do I pay my bills via UPS Billing Center?" section of Open a New UPS Marketplace Account.