- Does Shippo provide boxes or packaging supplies?
- Does Shippo provide the labels for my printer? What kind of labels should I buy?
- Does Shippo provide a digital scale?
- Do I have to be a business to use this? Can anyone use Shippo?
- How can I see Flat Rates, Regional Rates, or One Rates?
- I use Depop — how do I make a change to my label, get a refund, or get a new label?
- Why were address lines 1 and 2 reversed when I printed my label? Will my shipment still get there?
- I forgot my password, can you give me a new one?
- How can I mark my order as Fulfilled in Shippo?
- I have a new UPS account, but I don't have an invoice yet—Can I still connect my UPS account?
- My Shopify orders stopped syncing to Shippo—how do I fix it?
- How can I intercept or redirect a package that has already been shipped?
- Can I combine multiple orders into one shipment?
- I purchased duplicate labels. How can this happen?
- Can I ship alcohol using Shippo?
Does Shippo provide boxes or packaging supplies?
Shippo does not provide the shipping or packaging supplies. We're simply a label creation platform that allows you to create and purchase shipping labels to print off and affix to your shipments.
You can choose to use your own packaging material from a local supplier, but many carriers also offer supplies free-of-charge depending on the service. The USPS, for example, has a large selection of free supplies available on their website.
Does Shippo provide the labels for my printer? What kind of labels should I buy?
Shippo does not supply paper supplies for printing, but you'll be able to find the label paper you need at any local office supply store or online retailer. Please be sure to purchase adhesive paper that is compatible with your printer (inkjet, laser, etc.). We support printing with standard printers using 8.5x11 inch paper and thermal label printers that use 4x6 inch label rolls. See Printer and Label Size Information.
Does Shippo provide a digital scale?
We do recommend you use a reliable postage scale to ensure you're purchasing the correct postage, but we don't endorse or recommend any particular unit. Shippo does not integrate directly with USB scales.
Do I have to be a business to use this? Can anyone use Shippo?
You do not have to be a business to use Shippo — anyone can sign up! Any individual and use Shippo for personal shipping. You'll need an "order" to create a shipping label:
- create one by manually typing in the sender and recipient address details
- import through our CSV upload functionality — How to Upload a CSV File
How can I see Flat Rates, Regional Rates, or One Rates?
When you click "create label" for an order, you'll see under Package Type that there's a drop-down menu that shows multiple USPS/FedEx/UPS box types. In order to see Flat Rate prices, you must select the appropriate box type. If you manually enter the box dimensions, rather than selecting the box type from the menu, the rates will just be standard rates, not Flat Rate prices.
I use Depop—how do I make a change to my label, get a refund, or get a new label?
Depop uses Shippo's API to power its backend shipping and checkout process which allows their customers to print shipping labels. Depop maintains all support of their app. If you have questions about a particular order or label, please contact Depop Support as they will be best equipped to assist you with their app.
Why were address lines 1 and 2 reversed when I printed my label? Will my shipment still get there?
Labels are generated by the carrier and sent back to Shippo for you to print. In their system, a carrier will sometimes switch the first and second address lines. The second address line printing above the first line is not incorrect and is still perfectly valid in this formation. It should have no effect on the deliverability of your packages.
I forgot my password, can you give me a new one?
You can easily reset your password by clicking here. If your account becomes locked after too many failed attempts, our Support Team can reset it for you.
How can I mark my order as Fulfilled in Shippo?
If you purchase a label for an order in Shippo, the order will be marked as Fulfilled. For orders that need to be marked Fulfilled but that you don't plan to purchase a label for in Shippo, you'll need to mark the order fulfilled in your store platform. That will then update in Shippo automatically.
I have a new UPS account, but I don't have an invoice yet—Can I still connect my UPS account?
Yes, you can still connect your UPS account to Shippo even if you don't have an invoice yet. Without an invoice connect, UPS will only send us retail rates to display for you in Shippo. If you purchase one of the displayed retail rates, rest assured that UPS will bill you at the negotiated discount that you have with your account.
Once you do receive your first UPS invoice, please revisit the Carriers Page in Shippo to add your invoice details. Connecting your invoice in Shippo is what completes the connection to UPS for them to display your discounts in Shippo. See How to Connect Your UPS Account.
My Shopify orders stopped syncing to Shippo—how do I fix it?
If your orders have stopped syncing to Shippo, your store may have become disconnected. When the Shippo app is uninstalled in Shopify for any reason, it breaks the "connection" to Shippo. The connection must also be revoked in Shippo before you're able to reinstall the app in Shopify. Please contact our Support Team so we can quickly remove the connection. You'll then be able to reinstall the Shippo app in Shopify and sync your orders in just a matter of minutes.
How can I intercept or redirect a package that has already been shipped?
Once a package has entered circulation with the carrier, you'll need to contact the carrier directly to see if it's possible to have the package intercepted or redirected. Each carrier has different eligibility requirements and processes for requesting this service.
If you are using your own carrier account in Shippo, please reference:
If you are using one of Shippo's master accounts:
DHL — For DHL Express shipments using Shippo's master account, please contact our Support Team to see if your shipment is eligible.
USPS — For USPS shipments, please contact our Support Team for assistance. Package Intercepts for USPS shipments are not always possible, but we'll do our best to assist.
Can I combine multiple orders into one shipment?
There is no automatic way to combine multiple orders into a single shipment, but you can do this manually:
1. Print a shipping label for one of the orders, making sure to enter the correct weight and dimensions to account for both orders.
2. Mark the second order as Fulfilled in your e-commerce store's order management system.
Note: This process will not create a comprehensive packing slip or email notification with all items from both orders.
I purchased duplicate labels. How can this happen?
Purchasing duplicate labels is unlikely but can happen in one of the following situations:
- If you are creating your labels in batches and click Buy twice.
- An order is selected for batch-creation two different times, in two different batches.
- When creating large batches, it sometimes does take some time for all orders on the Orders Page to update as Fulfilled. Before starting your next batch, refresh the Orders Page to give all orders time to update.
- You refresh the page or click the "Back" button of your browser during the label creation process without letting the label purchase process be completed.
- During batch-creation, only some of the labels are successfully created and so you start over and batch-create the same bunch again, still including the orders for which you've successfully created labels during the first try.
- The internet cuts out or slows down during or after you click Buy so you create labels a second time.
If a duplicate is purchased, please request a refund.
Can I ship alcohol using Shippo?
Shippo supports shipping alcohol with UPS, FedEx, and Couriers Please.
API users can add the "alcohol" shipment extra for label purchases to facilitate shipping alcohol. Please refer to our full reference for more information.
Note: This is not yet supported in the web app.