We offer 1-click discounted insurance through our partnership with Shipsurance, a leading 3rd party provider of package insurance.
The cost of insurance depends on which plan you are on and the minimum insurance cost is $1.
PAYG Plan rate: 1.25% of declared value.
Pro/Premier Plan rate: 1% of declared value.
Here's an example of how costs differ across the different plans.
|Declared Value||PAYG Plan Cost||Pro Plan Cost||Premier Plan Cost|
- Up to 50% discounts compared to carrier provided insurance
- Simple, rapid, and paperless claims processing
- Coverage for packages to domestic and international destination
Adding Insurance to Package
To add insurance to your shipment during the process of creating a label:
- In our UI, you will see a box labeled “Buy Additional Insurance” on Step 1 of the label creation process. To add Shipsurance coverage, enter the desired coverage amount in the "Buy additional insurance" field
- Entering a value in this box does not declare a value, or purchase the carrier's insurance. This will purchase insurance through Shipsurance.
- For our API users, please specify the insurance value and currency in your Shipment call and your package will automatically be covered by Shipsurance.
The legal details
- Insurance is provided through Shipsurance and it’s underwriter, the Voyager Indemnity Insurance Company.
- Maximum insurance available is $5,000.00 per package.
- However packages shipped via Canada Post, FedEx Smart Post, UPS Mail Innovations, and USPS First Class Mail are limited to $1,000.00 per package.
- The maximum coverage per conveyance is $100,000.00.
- Please review the complete Insurance Terms of Service.