You can connect an eBay.com account or an eBay.ca account to Shippo:
- Most eBay.com accounts are based in the United States
- Most eBay.ca accounts are based in Canada (See Using Shippo for eBay Canada Shipping)
- How do I connect my eBay.com account?
- Why should I use Shippo and not eBay shipping?
- Can I connect more than one eBay merchant account to Shippo?
- What happens after I connect eBay to Shippo?
- Will I be able to see the specific order details like item information?
- Why are some of my eBay orders missing in Shippo?
- How do I give the tracking number to my buyer?
How do I connect my eBay.com account?
1. Log in to your Shippo account
2. Click on Settings along the left navigation panel
3. Click on Stores
4. Click +Connect Store on the top right of the screen
5. Select eBay
6. Enter your eBay account details to connect
Why should I use Shippo and not eBay shipping?
Shippo can streamline your order processing with the technology you need to grow with your online business. You will be able to create labels in batches to save time and add multiple eBay merchant accounts and your other e-commerce channels so you can easily manage everything from one shipping platform.
When you connect to Shippo, your eBay orders will be imported to Shippo automatically so you can quickly create shipping labels. After label purchase, the tracking information and is synced back to your eBay store and the order will then show as fulfilled.
Can I connect more than one eBay merchant account to Shippo?
Yes! You can definitely connect multiple eBay merchant accounts to Shippo. After you connect the first, the E-commerce Channels Page will show "Go to eBay" and "Connected" where it once prompted to connect.
Click "Go to eBay" to enter the store information for any additional merchant account.
- Orders will be imported in the order that they are received
- All orders imported from each eBay merchant account will be comingled, but you'll be able to identify them by order number or buyer name
- If you need your orders to stay separate for each of your stores, we recommend opening a different Shippo account for each of your eBay stores
See Shippo E-commerce Store Integrations for information on connecting other store channels.
What happens after I connect eBay to Shippo?
After you connect, your eBay orders will automatically import to the Shippo Orders Page.
Will I be able to see the specific order details like item information?
The orders on the Shippo Orders Page will include all order information like order number, items in the order, quantity, cost of items, cost of shipping your buyers selected, etc. You can reference those details while you create the shipping label in Shippo.
Why are some of my eBay orders missing in Shippo?
Shippo will not import orders with an "Active" order status. Orders will only be imported into Shippo when the order status is no longer showing "Active".
If you are unsure about whether an order is active or not, check the "Date Paid" column in the Orders listing page in eBay. If the "Date Paid" is "–-" for an order then the order status is "Active".
How do I give the tracking number to my buyer?
When you create a shipping label in Shippo using an eBay order, the order status will be automatically updated in your eBay store and tracking information will be sent back to eBay automatically. This update will trigger eBay to send your eBay email notifications to your customers.
If you prefer not to use the eBay automated email notifications to send the tracking number, you can use Shippo's notifications. See Shipment Notification Emails.