Shippo now offers a Canada Post Master Account for all our customers. This will give you immediate access to Shippo’s discounted Canada Post rates. For more information on the connection process, as well as information about how the account will work, please see the selections below:
Adding the Shippo Canada Post Master Account
- Log in to Shippo and visit your Carriers page by clicking Settings > Carriers
- Once on the Carriers page, you will need to click the green “Continue” button, next to the “New! Sign up to receive Canada Post rates” banner
- If you have address information listed on your Addresses page in Shippo this information will be automatically populated in the pop-up box that displays. If you do not have address information listed on your addresses page, you will need to enter contact information in the box that displays
- Click the box to agree to Canada Post’s terms and conditions, then click the green “Submit” button
- Once the account is created you will see Canada Post rates for your Shippo orders that originate in Canada!**
**Orders that sync from eBay Canada will not be eligible for Shippo's Master Account. eBay Canada Merchants will have their own Canada Post account, dedicated for eBay orders. For more details, please see: Using Shippo for eBay Canada Shipping
How does billing work with the Canada Post Master Account?
When using the Shippo Canada Post Master Account all billing will be done through Shippo and we will bill you following our regular billing process.
Note: When a label is created using Shippo’s Master Canada Post Account, Shippo processes these CAD charges in USD to the default payment method on file.
How do I file a claim or dispute for a Canada Post label created through the master account?
All claims and disputes for lost or damaged packages, as well as surcharges, will be handled by Shippo Support for our customers.
If you run into a problem with your shipment, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through live chat/phones by clicking the “Support” button within your Shippo dashboard. When reaching out to support please have the following information handy:
- Tracking number for the shipment
- Explanation of what happened (was the package lost or damaged, was a surcharge applied incorrectly).
Once we have this information we will reach out to Canada Post on your behalf to work with them on your claim.
Can I schedule package pickups?
At this time, package pickups for labels purchased with Shippo's master Canada Post account are not supported.
How do I request a refund for Canada Post labels created on the master account?
If you wish to request a refund for a Canada Post label you can follow the steps outlined here: Refund a Label
If a label is not used, Shippo will credit you for the cost of the label. The credit will then be applied towards future label purchases and will be deducted from your next invoice.
Please note: We are always happy to remove the credit (if it has not been applied to an invoice) and issue the refund back to your payment method on file when requested.
If you use a Canada Post label after a refund has been credited to you, Shippo will bill you again for the shipping fees.
How will surcharges be applied for Canada Post labels?
Shippo will receive any applicable surcharges from Canada Post weekly and will pass those on to you. The most common mistakes that can result in surcharges include entering incorrect package weight, package dimensions, or destination address.
You can find more information about each of those surcharges, and how to avoid them, here Canada Post Insufficient Postage Surcharges
Can packages purchased through the Shippo Canada Post Master Account be intercepted/redirected?
Yes! Shippo Support (email@example.com) will be happy to help with these requests. Please note, there is a $13 fee from Canada Post for package intercepts. When reaching out to Support, the following will help speed up the request:
- Tracking number
- Confirmation that you accept the $13 fee + Cost of shipping (this amount varies—please reach out to our team so we can let you know the exact charge for you to approve or deny)
- Address used on the label
- Corrected address
Ineligible packages include, but are not limited to:
- Items confirmed as out for delivery or delivered
- Items where the redirected address is outside of Canada
- Items that are not or are no longer in the Canada Post domestic mail stream
- Return to sender items
These requests are all subject to Package Redirection Terms and Conditions from Canada Post
Shippo's Canada Post Master Account supports Test Mode, without needing a second account dedicated for testing (unlike personal accounts). Please refer to Using Test Mode in Shippo