Whether you haven't set up your online store or you just want to send a one-off package, Shippo makes it easy to create one-time labels!
In this guide, we will walk you through, from start to finish, how to create and purchase a one-off shipping label in Shippo.
Create a Label
To get started creating a label:
- Login to your Shippo Account.
- Click Create Label in the top right corner of the Orders page
Enter Address Information
Next, input the Sender and Recipient Address.
Your default address will be automatically populated as the Sender Address, but if you're shipping from an address different than your default, you can edit your Sender Address to wherever you are shipping from.
- Enter the Recipient Address information into the corresponding fields:
- Name, Company (if applies), Email, Phone, Country, Street, City, State, and Postal Code.
- Select the Address Type.
- Then, click Next: Order Details in the top right corner.
Enter Package Dimensions
Next, enter in the Dimensions and Weight of your package.
If you are using a non-carrier provided parcel, enter in your package's:
Carrier Provided Parcel:
If you are using a Carrier Provided Parcel from USPS, UPS, CouriersPlease, or Fastway, you can select your parcel to automatically populate the dimensions of your package.
To do so:
- Click the dropdown menu that reads "Custom Dimensions".
- Select Carrier Provided Parcel.
- Then, select the Carrier Provided Parcel you are shipping with from the dropdown menu.
Because rates are calculated based on package dimensions and weight, we recommend entering the correct weight and dimensions. If the entered weight and dimensions are not correct, you may receive adjustment charges from the carrier.
Enter in the weight of your package into the Weight field and then select the unit of measurement used, between:
- g (Gram)
- kg (Kilogram)
- oz (Ounce)
- lb (pound)
Select Shipping Options
In the Shipping Options section you can:
- Select the Shipment Date.
- Add a Shipment Confirmation.
- Create a Return Label
- Acknowledge that your shipment contains alcohol.
- Acknowledge that your shipment contains Dry Ice.
Once you have entered in your package Dimensions, Weight, and chosen your Shipping Options, click Save.
Purchase your Label
Once you have saved your package's Dimensions, Weight, and Shipping options, you will be given a list of rates from the available carriers organized by pricer and speed. From here:
- Select your desired label from the list.
- Then, click Buy in the top right corner.
- Review your order and then click Purchase.
- Lastly, choose to download either a 4x6 PDF Thermal Label Printer Shipping Label or an 8.5x11 PDF Packing Slip.
And that’s it! A big Shippo hooray to you for creating and purchasing your first label!