Splitting your orders up into multiple packages is easy with Shippo. In this Article, learn how to split and combine your split orders with Shippo!
Splitting your orders
Order splitting is available to all merchants who are connected to Shippo through:
If you do not have one of these storefronts, we offer a workaround! Please refer to this article for step-by-step instructions: Split Orders for Multiple Packages.
To split an order:
- Locate the order you would like to split on the Orders Page and open the options menu ( ⋮ ) on the right and select Split order.
- Enter the number of items that will be in each shipment.
- Shippo automatically splits the order into two shipments; however, if you'd like to ship more than two shipments, you can click Add Shipment. You can add up to 25 shipments.
- Once you have entered the number of shipments, click save.
- You'll then be directed back to the main orders screen, where you'll see that your order has been split into one parent and multiple child orders.
When splitting your orders, it is important to remember that the total number of items in your shipments will need to equal the total number of items in the order. Entering totals that are not matching will result in an error.
You will have the ability to move between all of your split orders at the top of the create label screen.
Moving your split orders back to a single order
If, for any reason, you need to remove the split orders on your account and make them one single order, you will have this ability as long as no labels have been generated.
To remove the split orders and make one single order:
- Go back to the orders page and click on view order next to the parent order.
- On the first shipment, click split order.
- Edit your values in each shipment so that all items are back in shipment one and the remaining shipments have item values of 0, then click save.
- Once this is done, your child orders will be removed, and you will be left with your single-parent order.
Will preset package templates be applied to my split orders?
Preset package templates are applied to new orders when they are imported into Shippo. This means your parent order will have a template applied if applicable; however, once you split the order into child orders, the preset templates will not apply.
You'll need to assign a package template to each child order or enter custom dimensions for each child order when you create your label.