Order splitting will now be available for all merchants who are connected to Shippo through Amazon, BigCommerce, ChannelAdvisor, Magento2, and Shopify. If you are currently using Shippo with a different store platform, we are working on adding this functionality for more stores in the future.
Splitting your orders
When splitting your orders it is important to remember that the number of items in each shipment will need to equal the total number of items in the order. If these numbers do not match, order splitting will result in an error.
To split your orders follow these steps:
- Click the drop-down next to the green "create label" or "buy" button and select "Split order".
- Define the number of items that will be in each shipment.
- We automatically begin by splitting the order into 2 shipments, however, if you will be shipping more than 2 shipments you can click the "Add Shipment" button. You are able to add up to 10 shipments.
- Once you have the number of shipments desired and have the number of items in each shipment entered, click the "save" button.
- You'll be directed back to the main orders screen where you'll see that your order has been split into 1 parent and multiple child orders.
- To create your label click on the "create label" button and walk through the label creation process.
- NOTE: You will have the ability to move between all of your split orders at the top of the create label screen
Moving your split orders back to one single order
If for any reason you need to remove the split orders on your account and make them one single order, you will have this ability as long as no labels have been generated. To remove the split orders, and make one single order you can follow these steps:
- Go back to the orders page and click on "view order" next to the parent order.
- On the first shipment click the "split order" button".
- Edit your values in each shipment so that all items are back in shipment 1, and the remaining shipments have item values of 0, then click save.
- Once this is done your child orders will be removed and you will be left with your single parent order.
Will preset package templates be applied to my split orders?
Preset package templates are applied to new orders when they are imported into Shippo. This means your parent order will have a template applied if applicable, however, once you split the order into child orders the preset templates will not apply.
You will need to assign a package template to each child order, or enter custom dimensions for each child order when creating your label.