Tips for our API users:
Avoid exceeding rate limits:
- Shippo has different rate limits depending on the endpoint and method. https://goshippo.com/docs/rate-limits/
- Transaction vs Batch endpoint – You can generate many more labels at a time by using our batch endpoint, but batch must be done asynchronously.
- Throttle requests if needed and gracefully handle 429 errors (rate limits are set per minute).
Logging, logging, logging:
- We recommend logging the raw request and response to and from Shippo in your own system to help debug any issues that might arise.
- Capture the object_id which uniquely identifies anything you create in Shippo (shipments, transactions, addresses, manifests, etc). Our support team may ask for an object_id to help with troubleshooting.
Shippo status page:
We have a public API status page to check for response times and incidents. https://status.goshippo.com/