FedEx now requires four-factor authentication for all connected accounts. Because of this, Shippo updated the flow for connecting FedEx accounts.
This means that you need you'll need to update:
- The integration with Shippo’s Account Creation API.
- Any existing Fedex accounts that you or your users that already connected to Shippo.
How to Update your Fedex Account Connected to Shippo
There are 2 ways that you or your users can update a FedEx account that is connected to Shippo:
- Use the Shippo Web Dashboard to update your connection directly in browser.
- Alternatively, you can do so via API by sending a PUT request that contains:
- Fedex account number you need to update
- Contact info
- Shipping address that matches your Fedex records. Here's how to find the address in your FedEx account
Here is an example request:
If you allow your customers to connect FedEx accounts via the Shippo API within your platform, you must update your platform to intake the additional fields for four-factor and use the above API request format for connecting new accounts.
Have questions? Need help? We put together a quick how-to guide for updating your account information.