The Labels Page in your Shippo dashboard is where you will configure your default label formats and other optional settings.
- Default Label and Packing Slip Formats
- Default Outbound Service Level
- Return Label Options for Outbound Packages
You can access the Labels Page by clicking Settings and then Labels on the left navigation panel.
Default Label and Packing Slip Formats
The Default label format field is where you will set the size for the labels you'll create in Shippo. The most common label sizes are:
- 8.5x11 inch PDF (half page labels)
- 4x6 inch PDF for thermal label printers (see Printer and Label Size Information)
Select the size for your particular printer from the Default label format drop-down menu and click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
We support several other specialty label sizes unique to certain carriers such as 4x8 inch for DHL Germany and A4/A6 PDF for Fastway Australia, for example.
Note: If you change the default format in the future, it will only apply to NEW labels that you create. Labels you've already created will not be changed.
The Default packing slip field is where you will set the default size for your packing slips based on the printer you use, just like for your labels. Remember to click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
The Add text on label field allows you to customize your shipping label with up to two lines of text!
- Check the Use Order Number box to have the unique order number for each label printed on the label.
- Any text you manually enter on the first line or second line will be printed on all labels.
- Custom text will be printed at the bottom right of USPS domestic labels (see USPS Shipping Label Examples). The location of the custom text for other carriers will depend on that particular carrier.
Default Outbound Service Level
Shippo's design allows you to compare rates from multiple carriers and multiple service levels before purchasing your shipping label. If you generally ship using the same carrier and service level for most of your shipments, you can bypass the comparison by setting your preference.
You can designate your preferred carrier and service level in the Select a carrier drop-down and the Designate a default service drop-down. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page after making your choice.
Return Label Options for Outbound Packages
As with the outbound labels, you can designate your preferred carrier and service level for return labels in the Select a default return carrier drop-down and the Designate a default return service drop-down. Again, click the Save button at the bottom of the page after making your choice.
Check the box for Auto-create return labels for outbound shipments if you want to automatically create a return label at the same time as the outbound labels (see Create Return Labels in Shippo).