Note: You should be on the Orders Page by default when you first log into your Shippo account.
1. Click on the green Create Label button for the order you wish to create a label for.
Note: If you do not have any orders listed, please click on the Create Order button at the top right of the Orders Page.
Did you know? We have a video tutorial to show you how—How to Shippo: Create Your First Label.
2. Review the Recipient, Sender, and Return Addresses for accuracy—see How to Change Address/Sender Information in Shippo.
Note: The Sender address is used to calculate rates, and the Return address is printed on the label. Uncheck the Use my return address box if you want the Sender address also printed on the label.
3. Click on the drop-down arrow in the Package Type field and make your selection.
- Select a carrier template if you're using "Flat Rate" carrier packaging,
- Select one of your own package templates—see Creating Package Templates, or
- Select Own Packaging if you are not using a pre-set template or a special fixed carrier rate. Enter the dimensions of your own package.
4. Enter the total weight of your prepared package.
Note: This should include the weight of the items and the weight of the packaging material.
Did you know? You can set your default units for measure and weight on the Packages Page.
5. Select the Shipment Date that you plan to ship the package—see Understanding Shipment Dates.
6. Optional—select the amount of insurance you wish to purchase—see Adding Insurance to a Package.
Note: For international shipments, be sure to check the box to Use customs declaration. This will display a green Add Customs Declaration button in place of the green Select shipping rates button. The Select shipping rates button will be available after the Customs Declaration is completed.
8. Click on the green Select shipping rates button.
9. Click the green Buy Label button for the rate you wish to purchase.
Note: Clicking Buy Label will actually purchase the label resulting in a charge. There is not an additional confirmation page. If you just look at the list of available rates and do NOT click Buy Label, you will not be charged.
10. Click the Download Label button to open the PDF and print your label.
- Click Download Packing Slip to print your Packing Slip from this screen—Packing Slip Examples.
- Click Send Notification to Customer to manually send your Shippo notification email from this screen—How to Set Up Shipment Notification Emails.
- After you create the label, it will be listed on the Shipments Page. Click the blue Download button to print.
- The Create Label button on the Orders Page will change to a Fulfilled button.
- On the Orders Page, you can click on the drop-down arrow next to the Fulfilled button to print the label, print the Packing Slip, and send the notification email—see Navigating the Orders Page.
Did you know? You can see our USPS Shipping Label Examples here.