If you are looking to get started with our API, please visit the developer documentation.
However, if you will be using Shippo through the web application you can follow these steps to start setting up your Shippo account -
1. Enter your company information by clicking on the "Settings" tab on the left toolbar of the Shippo dashboard, then click “Account”. Please ensure you are on the “Company” tab on the top toolbar. Enter your address details under the "Your Address" section. This is the address that will be used as your shipping address, and will be used to calculate rates. If you would like a different return address, you can edit that by clicking the "Edit return address" button.
2. Enter your billing information by clicking on the "Billing" tab on top toolbar of the “Account” tab. Please enter a valid credit card or Paypal account, as we do not accept prepaid cards or gift cards.
Note: If you enter a valid card (not a prepaid debit card) and you are unable to create labels, please contact us.
3. Update your General Settings by clicking on the “General” tab on the top toolbar of the Account tab. Here you can edit your printer settings, add package templates (if you use the same type of packages often), select your Favorite Service Level, and customize your label settings.
NOTE: If you add text to a label this will be printed on all labels until you edit the text again.
For Shopify customers there are 2 additional settings that can be enabled on the settings tab. These settings are "Send notification to customer via Shopify" and "Fulfill orders on Shopify". If you select these settings Shippo will automatically fulfill the orders in your Shopify store once you create a label in Shippo. This fulfillment will trigger your Shopify notification email to be sent to your customers.
4. Ensure you are on the correct Plan for your shipping needs. To check your plan, or make any changes, please click on the “Plan” tab on the top toolbar of the Accounts tab. If you would like to upgrade to another plan you can do so by clicking the green “Adjust Plan” button.
5. Set the Notification title for the emails that will be sent to your customers. This is available on all plans and can be edited by going to your “Settings” tab, and clicking on “Notifications”. You can then edit the title and change your contact email.
6. If you will be connecting Shippo to one of your e-Commerce stores you can connect your store(s) by clicking on the "Settings" tab on the left toolbar, then select the “Ecommerce Channels” tab. Please find the storefront you would like to connect, click the green "Connect" button to the right of the store, and enter the required details.
This will allow Shippo to automatically import your orders onto your orders tab in Shippo. You can then select the order and create your shipping label.
- If you don't have a supported cart, you can import orders by uploading a CSV file, or manually creating an order in the dashboard.
- The list of supported stores, is available here
7. If you have a personal carrier account (e.g UPS or FedEx) that you would like to connect to Shippo you can do so by clicking the “Settings” tab on the left toolbar, then click “Carriers”. Once on the Carriers tab please click "Add Carrier Account". Then choose your carrier from the list and enter the account details.
This will allow your rates from your personal carriers to be displayed in Shippo.
NOTE: If you're based outside of the United States, you will need to add your own carrier account in order to see rates in Shippo. Shippo's DHL and USPS accounts are for shipments from the US only.
8. Once your account setup is complete you will be ready to start creating labels. If you are connected to a storefront your orders will be imported to your "Orders" tab. If you are not connected to a storefront and would like to create orders manually, you can do so by clicking on the "Create Order" button at the top right of the Orders page.
NOTE: If you are on the PRO or PREMIER plans you will have access to personalize 2 additional settings - Branding and Users. The Branding tab will allow you to add personalized information like company logos, and the users tab will allow you to add multiple users to your account. For more information on each of these features please see the following Help Center Articles: