Getting started with Shippo is easy! For quick creation of your first Shippo label, you can follow our Quick Start Guide. Once you’re ready to customize your Shippo account, please view our Complete Account Setup section. You can use the links below to jump to each section and learn more.
Quick Start Guide
To get an idea of the savings you can get with Shippo in real-time, check out our USPS postage calculator.
Follow these steps to quickly create your first shipping label:
1. First, you need an "order" to create a shipping label. An order can come to be listed on the Orders Page in one of three ways:
- imported from your e-commerce platform(s) — Shippo E-commerce Store Integrations
- created by manually typing in the sender and recipient address details
- imported through our CSV upload functionality — How to Upload a CSV File
2. Once you have an order on the Orders Page, click the +Add Package button, on the "Package" column, enter your package dimensions and weight.
3. Click the Rates column to see your rate options. Shippo defaults to the cheapest option, unless you've selected a different default service level; clicking the "Rates" column will display all available rates"
4. Click the Buy Label button for your chosen rate.
5. Enter your billing information to pay for the label — you’ll be prompted during the label creation flow only for your first label.
6. Download and print your label.
Complete Account Setup
To optimize your shipping experience, please follow these steps to complete your account setup:
1. Enter your Company information on your Company Page
2. Enter your Sender and Return Address(es) on your Addresses Page
3. Enter your billing information on your Billing tab if you did not do so through the Quick Setup. You can navigate to the Billing tab by clicking Settings then Account on the left navigation panel and then click Billing along the top toolbar.
4. Link your e-commerce store with Shippo on your E-commerce Channels Page if you did not do so through the Quick Setup.
5. Update your General Account Settings on your General Settings tab in Shippo. You can navigate to the General Settings tab by clicking Settings then Account on the left navigation panel, then click General along the top toolbar. You can update your store settings if you are connected to an E-commerce platform (e.g Shopify)For Shopify customers, there are three additional settings that can be enabled on the General Settings Page. These settings are:
- Fulfill Order on Shopify
- Send notification to customer via Shopify
- Include POS orders from Shopify
6. Update your Label settings on your Labels Page
7. Update your Package settings on your Packages Page
8. Add personal carrier accounts to your Carriers Page
9. Set your notification preferences on your Notifications Page
10. Select your plan — ensure you're on the correct plan for your shipping needs
Note: Pro and Premier plans have access to personalized branding and multiple users for their accounts. See:
Shipping Shortcuts to Print Labels Faster
- Batch label creation — Creating labels in a batch saves you time and gives you a quick label creation turnaround time. The article below will walk you through the batch label creation process.
- Save a Default Service Level — Saving a favorite service level will allow this level/rate (when applicable) to be displayed on the main Orders page. Meaning you can enter your dimensions/weight (or select a package template) and create your labels more quickly. You can set this up from the Labels page of your Shippo account. See the article below for more info:
- Save Package Templates — Package templates save you time if you ship using the same packages often. You can set a personalized template as your default alleviating the need to enter package dimensions. Or, save multiple templates so you have easy access to them during label creation.