Getting started with Shippo is easy! For quick creation of your first Shippo label, you can follow our Quick Start Guide. Once you’re ready to customize your Shippo account, please view our Complete Account Setup section. You can use the links below to jump to each section and learn more.
Quick Start Guide
To quickly create your first shipping label, you’ll need to follow these steps:
1. First, you need an "order" to create a shipping label. An order can come to be listed on the Orders Page in one of three ways:
- imported from your e-commerce platform(s) — Shippo E-commerce Store Integrations
- created by manually typing in the sender and recipient address details
- imported through our CSV upload functionality — How to Upload a CSV File
2. Once you have an order on the Orders Page, click the Create Label button next to that order. Then, enter your package dimensions and weight, enter your Sender address, and click the Select shipping rates button.
3. Click the Buy Label button for your chosen rate.
4. Enter your billing information to pay for the label — you’ll be prompted during the label creation flow for your first label.
5. Download and print your label.
Complete Account Setup
To set up your full Shippo account and optimize your shipping experience, please follow these steps:
1. Enter your Company information on your Company Page
2. Enter your Sender and Return Address(es) on your Address Page by clicking Settings and then Addresses on the left navigation panel. The Sender address is the address that will be used to calculate your shipping rates and from where the package is shipped. If you would like a different Return address to be printed on the label and to facilitate returns, click the New Address button and select it as the default Return address. You can add multiple addresses if you are shipping from multiple locations.
Note: If you are connected to Shippo through Shopify, your address(es) will be imported directly from your Shopify account. You can find more information about that here.
3. Enter your billing information on your Billing tab if you did not do so through the Quick Setup. You can navigate to the Billing tab by clicking Settings then Account on the left navigation panel and then click Billing along the top toolbar.
4. Link your e-commerce store with Shippo on your E-commerce Channels Page if you did not do so through the Quick Setup.
5. Update your General Account Settings on your General Settings tab in Shippo. You can navigate to the General Settings tab by clicking Settings then Account on the left navigation panel, then click General along the top toolbar. You can update your store settings if you are connected to an E-commerce platform (e.g Shopify), as well opt-out of the new label workflow (if you were on it previously).
- If you currently use the new label workflow and turn it off on the General Settings Tab, the option to turn the new label workflow back on will be removed.
- Because this was not a widely used functionality, the option to turn the new label workflow on/off was removed from customers accounts who opted out previously and is not being made available to new customers.
For Shopify customers, there are three additional settings that can be enabled on the General Settings Page. These settings are:
- Fulfill Order on Shopify
- Send notification to customer via Shopify
- Include POS orders from Shopify
6. Update your Label settings on your Labels Page
7. Update your Package settings on your Packages Page
8. Add personal carrier accounts to your Carriers Page
9. Set your notification preferences on your Notifications Page
10. Select your plan — ensure you're on the correct plan for your shipping needs
Note: Pro and Premier plans have access to personalized branding and multiple users for their accounts. See:
Shipping Shortcuts to Print Labels Faster
- Batch label creation — Creating labels in a batch saves you time and gives you a quick label creation turnaround time. The video below will walk you through the batch label creation process.
- Save a Favorite Service Level — Saving a favorite service level will allow this level/rate (when applicable) to be displayed on step 1 of label creation. Meaning you can enter your dimensions/weight (or select a package template) and create your labels more quickly. Watch the video below to learn more.
- Save Package Templates — Package templates save you time if you ship using the same packages often. You can set a personalized template as your default alleviating the need to enter package dimensions. Or, save multiple templates so you have easy access to them during label creation.