This article covers instructions for connecting Shippo with Magento version 2. If you are on versions 1.5 - 1.9.3 of Magento please upgrade to Magento 2.0.0. Shippo supports up to Magento Version 2.2.X.
In this article, we will cover how to connect to your Magento 2 storefront to your Shippo account.
How to connect Shippo with your Magento 2 storefront
To Connect Magento 2 storefront to Shippo:
- In your Magento 2 Admin page, open the System settings and select Integrations. Here you'll find your existing stores or you can add new integrations.
- Under the Integrations tab you can edit the integration to Shippo and find your Access Token. This token will be used to sync the Shippo App to your Magento 2 store.
- Open your Shippo Web-App, navigate to the Stores tab and click +Connect Store, and select Magento 2.
- Enter your Store URL, the Access Token, and click Connect with Magento 2.
When successful, you will be redirected to your Orders tab where you can import and sync your orders! Now Shippo App and Magento 2 stores are in sync.
Please make sure to select the correct Magento store connection of 'Magento 2' and not 'Magento' as that is the connector for version 1 stores.
How to access a Magento API Key
If you are not seeing a Shippo option under integrations in Magento, you will need access to your key.
To get your Magento Access Key:
- Log into your Magento 2 account and click on System and select Integrations.
- Click on Add New Integrations.
- Next, enter Shippo as Name of the integration.
- Leave all the other fields (Email, Callback URL, etc...) blank, and enter your password.
- Click on the API tab and select All from the options and then click on Save.
- You should now see Shippo among the Integrations. Click on Activate on the right side of the page to enable it.
- Click Allow on the top right side of the page
- Magento will now supply you with the keys and tokens required to connect your website on Shippo. You will want to use the one titled "Access Token."
Other helpful links :