You can easily add your DHL Germany account to Shippo, however there are a few steps you will need to follow to ensure the DHL Germany credentials that you enter in Shippo are correct. To add DHL Germany to Shippo you will need the username and password that you use to log in to the DHL Germany Business Customer site: https://www.dhl-geschaeftskundenportal.de/.
- Login to your DHL Germany account
2. Once logged in you can locate your Account Number by clicking on your name, and then selecting Masterdata
3. Here you will find your Customer Number listed. This is your DHL Account Number
4. You can retrieve your Participation Code by clicking on Contract Positions, where you will want to look for Billing Number/Product. Your Participation Code will be the last 2 digits of your Billing Number.
5. Once gathering the necessary information from DHL, login to your Shippo account and select the "Settings" tab on the left toolbar of your Shippo Dashboard, then select "Carriers". When you're on the "Carriers" tab select the "Add Carrier Account" button.
6. Select DHL Germany from the drop down menu
7. Enter the required information
NOTE: Most DHL Germany customers have the same Participation Code for all of their Billing Numbers. In this example, you can see that 01 is the Participation Code for all of the Billing Numbers on this account. If you have more than one Participation Code, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Multiple participation codes for DHL Germany”
Q: I already have my DHL Germany account connected to Shippo. Why do I have to do it again?
A: DHL Germany released a new version of their API which requires a different username and password than the one you used when you first connected your account. We need you to connect your account again so that we can collect the required username and password.
Q: Can I use the same DHL Germany account number that is already connected to Shippo?
A: Yes, you can.
Q: Will anything else change when I connect my account again?
A: The labels created will meet the new DHL Germany label standards.
Q: It looks like I have two DHL Germany accounts now. Is that what is supposed to happen?
A: Yes. Your first account is using version 1 of the DHL Germany integration. Your second account is using version 2 of the DHL Germany integration. Once you have validated that everything is working normally on your version 2 account, you can deactivate your version 1 account.