UberRUSH is not a traditional shipping carrier - it's a same-day, intracity courier service. That means there are some elements about their service that are very different:
- For UberRUSH, weight is less important than distance in calculating price - but accurate weight is still required because of weight limitations of couriers.
- The distance the delivery is going is what determines UberRUSH rates - see estimated rates for your city here: https://rush.uber.com/how-it-works/#low-delivery-costs-zero-overhead
- While some couriers quote based on current demand (ie traffic, time of day, etc.) and are time-sensitive, UberRUSH quotes based only on distance traveled (from/to address) so whatever rate you get back is not time-sensitive.
- Transit time for UberRUSH is always estimated. It will always show “0” on the rates page in Shippo since it’s same-day, and we won’t show estimated delivery down to hours or minutes.
- Pickup and delivery times are different for every order and can depend on factors like weather, traffic, number of couriers available/on duty in your area, and so on. Once you purchase the “label,” your UberRUSH receipt will show an estimated time of pickup and delivery, and you can track your courier in real time from the link on the Shipments page in Shippo.
- All UberRUSH shipments are guaranteed for up to $250 for loss or damage. This does not apply if you are shipping something on the list of restricted items.
Here are some logistical points to keep in mind when using UberRUSH:
- UberRUSH is not available 24/7 - their couriers are typically available during “business” hours of 9 am to 9 pm, and during busier times, couriers may have more deliveries to make, increasing wait times. A courier may not be available right away to pick up your items, even if you see an UberRUSH rate on the rates page in Shippo. Once you click “buy label,” UberRUSH will search for an available courier for up to 30 minutes - if one is not found, your request will be cancelled and your fee refunded. You can then try again to use UberRUSH or choose another shipping method.
- If an UberRUSH courier arrives to pick up the item(s), and no one is there to provide them, a cancellation fee will be applied. If a courier arrives to deliver the item(s), and no one is there to receive them, they will wait 5 minutes before returning the item(s) to the pickup location. You will be charged an additional fee to cover the return trip. If no one is there to receive the item(s) at the original pickup location, they will be left outside, and UberRUSH will no longer be liable for them.
If you have questions about how the UberRUSH technology works within Shippo, please contact us.
If you have questions about UberRUSH logistics/deliveries/couriers/loss or damage, etc, contact UberRUSH at: firstname.lastname@example.org