If you are looking to get started with our API, please visit the developer documentation.
However, if you will be using Shippo through the web application you can follow these steps to start setting up your Shippo account -
- Complete your Account information by clicking on the "Accounts" tab on the left side of the Shippo dashboard. Please enter your address details under the "Your Address" section. This is the address that will be used as your shipping address. If you would like a different return address, you can edit that by clicking the "Edit return address" button.
- Enter your Billing information by clicking on the "Billing" tab on the left of the Shippo dashboard. Please enter a valid credit card, as we do not accept prepaid cards or gift cards.
Note: If you enter a valid card (not a prepaid debit card) and you are unable to create labels, please contact us.
- If you will be connecting Shippo to one of your e-Commerce stores you can Connect your store(s) by clicking on the "Connect" tab on the left of the Shippo dashboard. Please find the storefront you would like to connect, click the green "Connect" button to the right of the store, and enter the required details.
This will allow Shippo to automatically import your orders onto your orders tab in Shippo. You can then select the order and create your shipping label.
- Connect your additional Carriers in the Shippo dashboard if you will be adding your own carrier account (e.g. UPS or FedEx). Please go to the carriers tab, and click "Add Carrier Account". Then choose your carrier from the list and enter the account details.
This will allow your rates from your personal carriers to be displayed in Shippo.
Please note, If you're based outside of the United States, you will need to add your own carrier account in order to see rates in Shippo. Shippo's DHL and USPS accounts are for shipments from the US only.
- Complete any additional settings that you prefer on your Settings tab. In this section of the Shippo dashboard you can select your label printer settings, add package templates (if you use the same type of packages often), and customize your label settings.
Please note, if you add text to a label this will be printed on all labels until you edit the text again.
For Shopify customers there are 2 additional settings that can be enabled on the settings tab. These settings are "Send notification to customer via Shopify" and "Fulfill orders on Shopify". If you select these settings Shippo will automatically fulfill the orders in your Shopify store once you create a label in Shippo. This fulfillment will trigger your Shopify notification email to be sent to your customers.
6. Once your account setup is complete you will be ready to start creating labels. If you are connected to a storefront your orders will be imported to your Orders tab. If you are not connected to a storefront and would like to create orders manually, you can do so by clicking on the "Create Order" button at the top right of the page.