Note: This article covers instructions for connecting Shippo with Magento versions 1.5 - 1.9.3. If you are on version 2 of Magento please refer to this Help Center article.
To connect Shippo with your Magento storefront follow these steps:
1. Install the Shippo Magento app on Magento Connect here and then follow the instructions in your Magento interface.
2. To connect your Magento store to Shippo, first open System > Web Services > Roles. (If you see "SOAP/XML-RPC – Roles” instead, you are using the Magento Community extension.)
3. Click Add New Role and then Name Role (we recommend naming it Shippo).
4. Open Role Resources on the left and set your Role Permissions. The easiest way is to enable All permissions. (Shippo will only read your Order and Product data and create new Shipments.)
If you want to set more detailed permissions, ensure you activate the following:
In the Catalog folder:
- Catalog -> Product -> Retrieve product data
- Catalog -> Product -> Product Attributes -> Retrieve attribute data
- Catalog -> Product -> Product Images -> Update
- Catalog -> Category -> Retrieve categories true
- Catalog -> Category -> Retrieve category data
In the Sales & Customers folder:
- Sales -> Order -> Order Invoice -> Retrieve invoice info
- Sales -> Order -> Order Invoice -> Comments
- Sales -> Order -> Order shipments (selecting this will select all the sub-sections, which is what we need)
- Sales -> Order -> Retrieve orders info
- Sales -> Order -> Change status, add comments
- Customers -> Retrieve customer info
- Customers -> Addresses -> Retrieve address info
5. Save Role Permissions
6. Open System > Web Services > Users
7. Now click Add New User and fill in User details
Again, we recommend naming your user "Shippo." You'll need to use a real e-mail address. You'll need to create the API Key, as well. Usually, these are 40-character strings that include both letters and numbers, though you can adjust it however you like.
8. Open User Role and Assign User Role so that the "Shippo" role is assigned to this new user. Then save and you're done!