If you have engineers at your company who can dedicate time to integrating Shippo's API into your e-commerce store, then we highly recommend you do so. This is the ultimate way of automating and customizing Shippo for your needs.
If you don't have engineers on your team, then no worries, you'll be using Shippo straight through our web interface!
The best place to start if you're going to be integrating our API is our simple API overview guide
to learn all there is to know about getting started.
In order to create shipping labels through the API, you need to integrate the following API endpoints:
1) Address, to create the addresses of the sender and recipient (and return address, if applicable).
2) Parcel, to create packages you want to ship.
3) Shipment, to combine the sender address, recipient address and parcel.
4) Rate, to retrieve shipping rates for a given shipment.
5) Transaction, to purchase a label for a given rate.
We also offer API wrappers in Ruby, Python, PHP, and NodeJS at http://github.com/goshippo.