Shippo is excited to announce that we are the first multi-carrier shipping platform to offer special discounted FedEx shipping services! Using these special shipping rates via our FedEx Platform Account will provide you with more shipping options and enable you to decrease your shipping costs! In this article, we will try to answer all of your questions about our new FedEx Platform Account.
Shipments sent from countries outside of the United States will not work with our Shippo FedEx Platform Account at this time.
Which service levels are available through the FedEx Platform Account?
With our FedEx Platform Account, you will have access to the following service levels: FedEx Ground Economy and FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP). Please note that these services are only available for shipments originating from the United States.
Who is eligible to receive the FedEx discounted rates?
New and existing Shippo users are eligible to receive the FedEx discounted rates.
Do you need to make a FedEx account through Shippo when buying labels under the Platform Account?
No, you do not need to create a FedEx account.
How can I access these discounted FedEx rates?
The discounted FedEx rates will appear when you are purchasing a label on the Shippo web app. If you already have your own FedEx account, you will see your own account rates as well as the Platform Account rates when you are purchasing a label.
What is FedEx Ground Economy?
FedEx Ground Economy (formerly known as FedEx SmartPost) is one of the most cost-effective options for small to medium-sized businesses shipping small to medium-sized products.
E-commerce merchants can ship packages weighing up to 70 pounds and measuring up to 130 inches in length plus girth with FedEx Ground Economy. In terms of transit times, this particular service level usually takes packages 2-7 business days to arrive at customers' doorsteps.
FedEx Ground Economy can be a great choice for shipping low-value, low-weight, and non-urgent orders. Products such as apparel, accessories, toys, games, or any product weighing between 1-10 pounds would be ideal for this service level.
Signature confirmation and Multi-Shipment features are not available for FedEx Ground Economy shipments.
What are the benefits of FedEx Ground Economy?
- Reliable, cost-effective way to ship low-weight packages to US Residential customers
- 100% discount on fuel surcharges
- 100% discount on residential surcharges
- Ability to use your own custom shipping boxes
- Monday through Sunday* shipping (*Sunday deliveries not available to all areas)
- 24 Hour visibility for packages with FedEx Tracking
- Liability of up to $100
What is FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP)?
FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP) is a shipping service that helps strike the balance between timely deliveries and cost efficiency for international shipments.
With FICP, you can ship to over 190 countries across the globe, covering 95% of the global GDP within an average delivery time of 2-7 business days. Merchants shipping to popular international markets can average transit windows such as:
- U.S to Canada: 2-3 days
- U.S. to Mexico: 2-3 days
- U.S. to U.K.: 3-5 days
- U.S. to China: 3-5 days
Similar to FedEx Ground Economy, packages sent through this service level can weigh up to 70 pounds and measure 130 inches in length plus girth. This makes FedEx International Connect Plus a great option for merchants who ship smaller items and are looking to reach new and/or existing customers worldwide in a timely and cost-effective manner.
What are the benefits of FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP)?
- Timely and cost-effective option for international shipments
- Day-definite service so customers can plan ahead to receive shipments
- Allow customers to specify delivery instructions (like whether or not to knock on the door)
- 24-hour shipment tracking for ultimate visibility
- 100% discount on residential surcharges
- Customs clearance is included when creating a FedEx shipping label
Do I have to use FedEx-specific boxes/poly mailers?
No, you can use your own boxes/poly mailers.
FedEx parcel templates are not usable with FedEx Platform Account shipments.
Are there any prohibited items when using these service levels?
Yes, you can find the lists of prohibited items on FedEx's website here!
Is package pickup offered for these services?
At the moment, package pickup is not available. You’ll need to drop off packages at a FedEx Office or at a certified FedEx drop off location (e.g. Dollar General). There are over 59,000 FedEx locations to choose from, so dropping off packages and beginning the delivery process is easy and convenient!
Can I ship a package to a FedEx store or retail location for my customer to pick up?
FedEx’s “Hold at Location" service is only available for FedEx International Connect Plus (FICP) shipments. It is not available for FedEx Ground Economy (FGE) shipments.
Can I create return labels with FedEx Platform Account?
We do not support returns for FedEx Platform Account at this time.
What is the process for filing claims?
- Claims must be filed within 90 days of delivery of a shipment for damaged or missing contents. 21 days for international shipments.
- The default liability is $100. Customers can purchase additional liability, based on the value of the shipment (up to $1K), in Shippo with Shipsurance.
- When creating claims through the FedEx portal, enter the tracking number(s) as your login credentials.
- The items needed for damaged or lost claims will be the shipment tracking number, proof of value, pictures, packaging, and damaged contents.
- A claims payout time frame will close out within 4-6 weeks.